Saturday, November 17, 2007

He said...she said

Thursdays debate was one to remember. There was a nice gathering of Hillary supporters at a local wine bar. About 25 people gathered to watch the debate and it was a good one. There was amazing energy as new connections were formed and a great group networked and connected. The majority of gatherers were women and a few men. This seems to be a common theme I see in her campaign. Many of those that showed up are new to politics. I think Hillary did fantastic. She was articulate and remained calm, cool and collected. I think most of the candidates did well, but Hillary by far did the best. What I found odd was Edwards performance. I do like Edwards and I think he has great ideas and is a wonderful candidate- however, Thursday he was not his best. I would have liked a counter for how many times he said, "She said." Rather than speak his own mind he sounded like a whining brother telling on his sibling. Last week at..."she said" on her postion on immigration, "she said." The he said she said just went on and on. Edwards is a bright guy, he doesn't need to run a campaign on "she said." There needs to be more than what "she said" if you are going to lead this country, that is why what "she said" won her the debate.

4 comments:

katie said...

The best line of the debate: "They're not attacking me because I'm a woman, they're attacking me because I'm ahead." I also loved when Hillary sort of chastised Campbell Brown for asking her a question having to do with being a woman - I don't remember the question exactly, but it might have been the same one that elicited the above response.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.

Unknown said...

Great post. Your blog is amazing. thanks for all the info.
--
Jenifer
Home Security Systems no CREDIT CHECK everyone is approved