Sunday, August 17, 2008

So Many Invitations so Little Time

In an effort to give you a little inside information from a Delegate I thought I would share with you some of the invitations to events that I have received. Tomorrow I am meeting with the fab five and a few more to try and plan our convention schedule. As for the fab five we named ourselves the fab five because we went have traveled to a couple of states to help with "get out the vote (GOTV) activities and wherever we went, Sen. Clinton won. (I will blog about how I was elected as a delegate soon). As for the invitations they are:
Emily's List - Women Vote to celebrate the 88th Anniversary of Women's Suffrage with guest speakers: Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Sen. Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama (RSVP'd to this one- $50
Women's Equality Tea- Eleanor Smeal, Kim Gandy, Dolores Huerta, E. Faye Williams, Dr. Elizabeth Clark (Passing on this one- As much as I would love to go it is $150 bucks- I little steep for this delegate).
Unconventional Women - this is 6 hour training about running for office. Since I run Emerge Arizona a training program to train women to run for office I like to find out what others train on. I have RSVP's it is a give what you can event.
Celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the Fair Housing Act. This is a free event prior to the convention starting with a lot of invited speakers and guests. Will plan on stopping by.
Democracy for America - an evening event with three Senate candidates including: Scott Kleep, Jeff Merkeley and Andrew Rice. Event is free.
A salute to American Veterans. This event has too many speakers to name but there are 30 members of Congress who have affirmed the Veterans Bill of Rights
Emerge America (an organization I am proud of will host a lunch for Emerge graduates and board members who will be at the convention). We are now in 7 states. Will be great to meet everyone. I will be there since I am the contact person).
There are events with the College Democrats, the Young Democrats and Emerging Democrat Leaders.
Winning Health Care Reform in 2009. There will be a discussion with Families USA and SEIU. Free
Also receive an invitations on America's Agenda- Health Care for All with Dick Gephardt.. Free
I also have some invites for receptions from local political consultants many who I have worked with.
This is just a sample which I wanted to share with you. Not everything is free and there is something for everyone. Some events are educational and some events are just entertainment.

No comments: